Holidays Are Opportunities For Meaningful Conversations
The holiday season means more time with family and an opportunity for meaningful conversations with your teen. It can be hard to get teens to open up, so I’ve created questions that will help spark a thoughtful dialogue and keep your teen engaged.
Questions for Reflection and Personal Growth
- What do you think about….?
- What has been the hardest part of 2020 for you? What did that challenge show you about yourself or other people? How do you think it made you a stronger person?
- What was the best part of 2020? What does that (win) say about you/your character?
- If you were going to sum up this year in one word or phrase what would it be?
- What personal quality got stronger this year?
Conversations To Build Your Connection
- What is something I can do to improve our relationship?
- How do you know when someone understands you?
- How do you feel respected?
- How do you show others you respect them?
- What do you think are the most important elements of a healthy relationship?
Questions for Clarity of the Future
- What is one word or phrase that describes what you want for yourself in 2021?
- What is most important to you right now?
- What part of your life is going really well right now? How can you build on that in 2021?
- What parts of your life do you want to focus on in the new year? What would you like to experience or change?
- What are your hopes and dreams for 2021?
Wishing you a wonderful holiday, full of love, connection, and heartfelt conversations.